Israel-Hezbollah War

A view of the July-August 2006 Israel-Hezbollah war from an Israeli living in Haifa (under Katyusha rocket attack)- send personal comments to david2@lisbona.com

Top Blogs eXTReMe Tracker
My Photo
Name:
Location: Haifa, Israel

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Israel-Hezbollah War

My name is David, I'm 57 years old, I live in Israel's 3rd largest city Haifa on the Mediterranean coast which has been hit by tens of Kayusha rockets in the war between Israel and the Hezbollah and Lebanon which erupted on Wednesday 12th July.

Politically I would call myself a liberal Zionist in the sense that I believe in the right of Jews to live in peace and security in our historic homeland. I abhor war and wish that humanity would find other ways to resolve its differences. I realise and accept that in the last 100 years Palestinian Arabs have suffered a lot. No one side in this 100 year conflict is "right" or "wrong", all good or evil and we have to find the way we can all live together.

Most of this blog will be devoted to reports from the Israeli side of this latest eruption in the conflict. Some will relate to the reality of daily live in a beautiful (and normally peaceful) city, Haifa that has suddenly become part of the war zone. Other reports will try to decipher what all this is all about and where it is leading. Let's hope that some good comes out of this in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home